3 items for climbing Mt. Fuji


 Fuji, a World Heritage Site that is popular not only among Japanese but also overseas (I thought).

Fuji. When crossing Shizuoka Prefecture on the Shinkansen bullet train, foreign tourists often take a lot of pictures when the conductor makes an announcement introducing Mt.

When I actually climbed Mt. Here are some of the goods that I was glad to have with me when I actually climbed Mt.

mountain-climbing boots

First of all, you need shoes.

Fuji has a kind of stairway made of wood, but each step is large, and the path is sandy and bare rocks, so it is not a paved path by any means.

It is best to wear sturdy, non-slip, mid-cut or higher ankle-protective hiking shoes.

It is also important to get used to the shoes by wearing them for a week or so.

Money (coins)

In my case , I started the climb from the 5th station, but took a private car up to the 2nd station and a cab from the 2nd to the 5th station.

In addition, you will be asked to make a donation at the beginning of the fifth station, and you will need 200 to 300 yen in change to use the restrooms at each station.

Of course, cards are not accepted, so it is better to bring cash.

It takes more than 7 hours one way even from the fifth station, so water and food are important, but you will have to balance them with your own physical strength.

It takes a lot of energy to climb up the steep slopes of Mt.

Although the prices are high, you can buy water and food if you have enough cash, so please be selective about what you pack.

Pilgrim's staff

Store at Fuji sells a wood cane called a vajra cane.

You can have it branded at various places, and this was very useful for me.

Fuji is steep and the footholds are not good, so it is more dangerous to descend the mountain, as you may get stuck if you twist your leg.

Also, I had damaged my meniscus by jogging too much in the past, and it had become an old injury.

Still, I was confident in my fitness, so the climb was no big deal.
However, on the way down, this old knee injury started to hurt, and I had to lean on the vajra cane as I descended.

I was horrified to think that I would not have been able to do it without the aid of my walking stick.

If you are worried about your knee, it might be a good idea to have a knee supporter.

Raincoat

The weather is changeable at Mt.

Just when you think it is sunny, it can rain right away.

A raincoat is a good idea.

It will also serve as warm clothing, as the temperature at the summit drops below 10 degrees Celsius even in mid-summer.

Conclusion



The photo shows Mt. Fuji's summit, Tsuruga-mine.

When I arrived, the Japan's army Forces were running a marathon, which made me think that military personnel are really great.

Perhaps because there were no restrictions on entry to Mt. Fuji this summer of 2022, there were more reports of accidents than usual.

Fuji from afar is good, but the view on the way up and at the top is a world of its own.

Fuji, but be sure to prepare well in advance.

Also, please take care of your own health condition such as altitude sickness.

Thanks for reading!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Is it common sense in the automotive industry? What is the TP standard?

What is packaging engineer?